Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Neophytes; worth taking?

Number crunching alert. geek.gif

Pure numbers disclaimer. That means it is theory and you, dear reader, have to make it work on your nearest table top smile.gif

Neophytes v Initiates with AAC. pitched against Ork boyz.

Shooting Scenario.
10 I: 10 bp shots / 6.6 hit / 3.3 wounds
16 N: 16 bp shots / 8 hit / 4 wounds.

I only score 82.5% = that is a big drop!

Charging Scenario.
10 I: 30 A / 22.5 hit / 11.25 wounds
16 N: 48 A / 24 hit / 12 wounds.

I score 93.75% = significant drop.

Being shot Scenario.
18 Shoota boyz; 36 shots / 12 h / 6 w = 2 dead I (32 pts) or 3 dead (30 pts)

I score 106.67% = significant drop.

Being charged (lets assume BT have already struck) smile.gif
18 Shoota boyz v Initiates; 48 A / 24 h / 12 w / 4 dead I (64 pts)

18 Shoota boyz v Neophites; 48 A / 31.68 h / 16 w / 8 dead N (80 pts)

N score 125% = They get absolutely belted. sick.gif

*Numbers-wise 5% is a reasonable difference. I know it might look small but when you add this up a few times over six turns it in fact makes a good sized difference. geek.gif yes.gif

So Neos manage to surpass Initiates in quite a number of things, even with the fearsome AAC buff.
However, Neos really come apart in cc versus a superior ws foe.



I didn't want to give the actual results of Neophytes being in the minority for using WS (BBB: pg 37) to give the worst case scenario, so people are not surprised.  The Neos will get the protection of being in the minority AND give the benefit of being able to dish out slightly more damage and take the nasty hits. laugh.gif
It is worth swapping a few Neos in. msn-wink.gif

So where you have the room it is worth trading 2 I for 3 N. Then when Rokkits and armour ignoring hits come in your foe is really not getting his moneys worth from hit big hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment